Yummy Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies

Those aren't mine!

I recently started baking and knew NOTHING! So I googled a few recipes for Peanut butter cookies and although it's nothing fancy, to me, it was just so new -so....AWESOME! I must pat my own back. I believe I did a good job, especially my first time at baking. 

For a healthier version of peanut butter cookies, try this whole wheat flour recipe. 

Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies
1 1/2 cups whole wheat or white whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 cup peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
1 tsp vanilla extract


I didn't want to use whole wheat flour, I thought they would taste disgusting but it worked. It enhanced the nuttiness of these cookies - so you're eating something healthy and delicious just by substituting.  

This is how mine came out. They aren't very pretty - I didn't roll the first batch.:) If I made them for my kid's bake sale, then I'd roll them but I honestly just didn't feel like it. (I'm sure I'm not the only one that's felt that way!)



Next baking adventure, I want to try my hands at using Acave Nectar sweetener instead of sugar.


Hope you enjoy these.

Best, 




0 comments:

Post a Comment