Ipsy: My Fist MyGlam Bag Review





So, I have succumbed to the beauty subscription boxes after viewing a few YouTube beauty guru's. If you don't know what a beauty subscription box is by now, "It's all the rave in Paris.." Just kidding. But it is pretty cool. For x amount of dollars a month, you get a few samples from either very well-known companies like Urban Decay and Smashbox or not-so-known companies like Pacifica and Josie Maran. 

I ended up picking MyGlam from Ipsy.com. Ipsy was started by YouTube beauty guru sensation Michelle Phan. For $10 a month, (free shipping) you get 5 decent sized samples of products to try out. It also comes with an information card and discounts if you want to buy the full product. Unfortunately, my bag came with nothing but the products. BUMMER! But I did write to ipsy to see if they can send me some. 

So here are my items and my quick impression of them. 

Here's the cute package it came in. Sorry for the annoying stars. I had to x my address out of it and thought - hey, why not stars?!





Every month, the products arrive in a different little cosmetic looking bag. This month's is black with stars inside. I love detailed things like this. And you can reuse it for travel - so it's great. 



So cute, right? I love the bag...a little too much..let's move on..! 

The first thing I got was this SOHO crease brush.



A sample hairspray by Sexy Hair called BIG SEXY HAIR for volume. It's a 1.3oz bottle. I don't  volumize my hair so I can do without it. If you'd like it, I'll send it to you! :) Wouldn't want it to go to waste?  


I got this red nail polish from the company Nailtini.I've heard great things about it. It's a .5fl oz. I haven't used red on my nails since like high school but hey - I'll do it. I'll let you know how it turns out. 


I have a strange obsession with lotions and body butters so it's no surprise that I would love this product. It's a 2.5 oz. bottle. The smell is so citrus-y but it feels wonderful on the hands. 


I got this argan oil by Josie Maran. The size is .17fl oz.  I've heard about this argan oil before when I went to my nail appointment. The lady used it on my cuticles. It felt great and she only used a drop so even though this is a sample - it should last you a little while before you go out and purchase a bigger bottle. 


And this is what it all looks like. 


My review on the bag:

I loved it. I love having a few little things to try sent directly to my door every month and even though it is 10 dollars a month - it really is a steal. 5 things that I know for sure are worth more than 10 dollars. My husband tried the butter on his rough manly hands and he really liked it. 

I suggest all of you guys to try it. Of course, there are a ton of other subscription boxes and I've seen reviews on those and I liked this one better.

Can't wait for my February bag!! Anxious.....!!!






2 comments:

  1. Such a great review! I'm sold on ipsy now... definitely better than Birchbox. My boxes have been disappointing month after month. I'm following you now on GFC. I'd love for us to be friends!

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    xo,
    Steph
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.stephanieziajka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I was excited. They forgot to include my cards but they are sending me some in the mail.

    Of course we could be friends. :)
    I have some cool things coming up in my online store.I have actually started a home decor online store and it will feature a beauty lounge. It will be makeup organizers, brushes and more.

    Right now, I'm selling Valentine's day little things and will be doing a giveaway for a beautiful love necklace. You can find out more on my other blog at www.kgstyleblogs.com

    ReplyDelete