Resolution for 2013: Start my Makeup Collection Part 1


WARNING: LOTS OF MAKEUP TALK AHEAD. IF YOU'RE NOT INTO IT, THEN YOU'D RATHER READ SOMETHING ELSE - HOW ABOUT READING ABOUT MY TOP THREE WORKOUTS? GO HERE.

NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM

So now that that's out of the way, let's get back to makeup talk. I've always wanted to be into makeup but never really knew how to apply it. Everyone I know, either doesn't wear a lot of it or just wears it to go to outings but still not much of it to ask for tutorials.  I didn't know how extensive and meticulous it really is. It really is an art! So I decided, before I start experimenting, let me start watching some Youtube tutorials. (I'll list my favorite Youtubers down below) and then start building my makeup collection - which is what I am currently doing. 

Let's go over my old crap first. Yes, I said "crap" because that's just what it was. I had 3 brushes...3!!! And I thought I knew it all because I used brushes and others I know used either their fingers or the applicators that come with drugstore makeup. This will be part one...part 2 will be my new stuff! (yaay)



The cute Beauty bag I found in Forever 21. It will serve as decor for my vanity area. Stay tuned for that later. But the Victoria Secret makeup bag is where I housed all of my crap from before.


Here's my first collections to have ever purchased. 

- The Cover Girl Neutral and gold palette...(Or is it from Avon?) Have no idea what the actual name of it is. I just thought it was really nice.
- Victoria Secret Bare Bronze which I was using ALL wrong. (More on that later...) As you can see it is completely old for me to have hit pan. 
- And my L'Oreal Lip glosses which are like my holy grail lip glosses. They are not sticky and the color payoff is so great. I absolutely love them. I would keep buying these over and over again -especially the pink one.


Victoria Secret Bare Bronze. I think I purchased it in SOHO about 8,000 years ago. As you can see, not only have I hit pan but the name has rubbed off the lid. How embarrassing! 


My holy grail L'oreal Colour Riche lip glosses that I absolutely love.My favorite shade is that pink one called Soft Pink.


This red lipstick has no brand name and I get why they didn't want to associate with the product..it absolutely sucks butt!!! The color doesn't last two minutes before it's on your teeth and everywhere else. Priming your lips does nothing either because it still comes  off. If your food tastes like wax, trust me it's the lipstick. 

The baby pink lipstick is from a company called Prestige in the color Pink Diamond -it is a pretty color. I can do this one and layer it up with a nice lip gloss - so lucky for it, it's being kept! Below are the swatches for both colors. 



Swatches from the lipsticks above.


Oh, the brushes...why don't we go ahead and skip right over those, shall we?? They're terrible...enough said! 


Another look at the terrible brushes. 


This Bare Minerals foundation powder is supposed to be really good but what I find is that it leaves my face looking orange. The color looks like it matches my olive skin perfectly but i don't think it does. I'll cover my face sometime soon and show it to you guys. I look like Snooki's sister...Horrible! 



What can I say about this mascara - other than it's awful? COSMO raves about how great it is and how great it makes your lashes. But um, I have no lashes and they do NOTHING ....i mean absolutely NOTHING for them. I tried the Maybelline Falsies and I instantly saw a difference.



And last but not least, here's a helpful tool which I used quite a lot since I suck at applying eye makeup - this eye pencil remover. It actually works really well and I bought it from AVON, as you can see.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

So that my friends is my small embarrassing makeup collection. I had ONE mascara -which I had to throw out- and ONE eyeliner which scratched my waterline so many times and yet I never bought a new one. 

I do use L'oreal True Match Liquid Foundation and the corresponding blush and it's a very nice product. 





Stay tuned for PART 2 of my Resolution of Starting My Makeup Collection - new products, announcements and giveaways!! YAAAAY!! 

Tell me: What is your favorite makeup brand - drugstore and/or high end?? 
And does your collection look as bad as mine. HAHA!! (Probably not!) 

Best, 


8 comments:

  1. I'm pretty useless with make up, myself and I love the look of the stuff! Maybe I need to set up some kind of resolution to take a lesson or something. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I've got ONE brush --so your way ahead of me there---I'm mostly a CoverGirl with a mix of L'Oreal and Maybelline---cannot wait for part2!! =^D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a good idea to go through and clean out our makeup collection. Stuff just seems to accumulate in there. I don't have that problem anymore, as my daughters are teens now, so my stuff disappears regularly! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Barbara - Trust me so am I which is why I wanted to start learning. Try youtube for makeup tutorials.

    @Reviews - I also,had just ONE BRUSH, but then bought those other crappy ones.

    @Gina - I gave away so many things to my daughter but since some of it was so crappy, I just ended up trashing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your brushes still look good!!! Maybe you take good photos, so they look good?? ;)
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love make up when I remember to use it. I need to use it more. Thanks for all the info!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I got done making my New Years Resolution list and now you make me realize that a makeup overhaul should have gone on that list. Off to write resolution #26...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Leigh - yesh, they're bad..lol

    @crazynutsmom - Sure. That's why i'm here for. And if you know more info than I do, please do tell.

    @Jeanne - NICE! :)

    ReplyDelete