My Updated Makeup Collection Part 1



Do you all remember my sad looking makeup collection? Go check it out if you haven't read it here.  I can't believe I had the nerve to call it a makeup collection - it looked more like a makeup hodgepodge of crap! 


I have since then added a bit more and by a bit more, I mean a whole lot more..obsessive almost! No need to judge here...let's just get started! 


My Vanity area

Let's start with the high end goodies I picked up! 

High End Items


MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation NC42 & NC43 and a MAC Concealer in NC35

I don't know a thing about MAC and when I went into the store, it was completely overwhelming so I ended up stopping at the smaller counter inside Macy's for some help. I got 2 shades in the powdered foundation and the concealer. Both are really great products. Really recommend MAC to any newbies like me. It can get expensive though so watch your pockets. 


MSF in Cheeky Bronze and Angie


At her recommendation, I also got 2 MSF's as she called them. Being a rookie, I was all like..."What did you say?!" I thought she cursed and was going to get all ghetto up in there..but anyway, I digress. MSF is short for Mineralized Skin Finishes.These can be used as blush or highlighters depending on the lightness or darkness of them. 

Don't worry, I had no idea what the heck a highlighter was so I didn't want to seem extra stupid as I'm sure after that last comment, I already seemed like it so I just nodded and looked it up on YouTube. Highlighter is basically a powder of some sort that you used to highlight the areas of the face that the sun will normally hit - like your nose, the top of your cheekbone, your cupid's bow and your chin. Cool, huh? or too much? I don't know, I liked it!! 



Urban Decay's Naked and Naked 2 Palettes and the Benefit I'm Glam Therefore I am Palette

I caved and went into Sephora as I usually do to buy absolutely nothing but this time, I actually purchased the 2 NAKED palettes everyone and their momma talks about on YouTube and at $50 a pop - these things better be good! The lady that helped me was so sweet to give me a free gift - the Benefit Glam Therefore I Am. Who am I to turn down a free gift? Right? Right! It comes with an eyeshadow palette of greys, a sample sized mascara called Bad Gal a sample sized gloss and a sample sized highlighter called Girl Meets Pearl. All in all, not too shabby! 



I also bought Too Faced Porefessional primer and the Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion in skin toned color. Now before she mentioned this awe inspiring primer - I didn't even know you had to prime your eyelids for eyeshadow. I just thought you slapped it on and went about your day but she went into a whole spiel and I couldn't stop her.She was desperately trying to get commission. She also threw in the Hoola Bronzer and Georgia Peach blush sample sizes. 



I got a few MAC brushes on a separate trip. I decided to just get a few that I knew what they were. I won't name them all here - as I don't have the time to sit here and number then...I know it's 787 (oh wait, I think that's my flight number) ..I know, I know, 161 and 187 (isn't that a murder code) anywho, 187 is the dual fiber stippling brush that looks very cute and feels ultra soft..what it's for? The world may never know..! (at least the world in my head...) There's a face brush that costs a whooping $65...ummm...no thanks, lady! $65 for one brush? It better make me look like Marilyn Monroe for that price. I'll pass...



My husband's reaction to my resolution, you wonder? 
"OH MY GOD!" But what you have to understand is he has a sneaker addiction so if he made me stop at some point, he'd have to stop buying his kicks and I know he don't want that battle. I have so much makeup now that I had to break it down into two parts or this post would have been extra long. (if it isn't already....)

Thanks for joining me on this makeup makeover journey!! 
Did you laugh? 'Cause I know I did..at my own stupidity. :) 

Best, 

And now a word from our sponsors......

Here's a look at our Recent Posts from my Design Page - KG STYLE DESIGNS


*Link up Your Events 
*Linky Roundup 
* Redesign your Laundry Room on A Budget
* Tools for a Cool and Organized Linen Closet
* Top Ways to Organize Your Closet
* Quick Ways To Organize Your Home Office


2 comments:

  1. all great products! love how you've organized..something i need to do majorly!


    morgan
    http://thenovelateshow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Morgan! I haven't even touched the drugstore part and I've changed organization just a little bit.

    The post will be up soon! :)

    ReplyDelete